Chalte Chalte

While Walking

Current tune: Genie by SNSD (Girls Generation)

Well, summer’s almost over. It was a fun summer but I am very excited to go back to school. What did I do this summer? Mainly I got my left foot operated on (right to be done during Christmas break), and I have been recovering from that for a majority of the summer. More importantly though, having so much free time this summer has allowed me to explore myself. Mainly my talents and what I want to do with them. It’s taken me nearly the whole summer, but I’m in the process of creating a 20 page manga. Something that I would have normally given up on after a week has been a huge part of my days. It hasn’t been easy, but I’m so determined to finish something for once in my life. And not simply to finish this one short manga- but to continue doing this for the rest of my life. Supplies for this have definitely drained down my bank balance, but following through with something for once is worth spending any amount on. Future mangaka? I can only hope-and work my butt off.  In any case, I’m going to see this through to the end, no matter how many times I try to change my mind.

Whether the reason for pursuing a life as a mangaka, or the outcome, I’ve also been spending a lot of time submerged in Japanese culture. I’ve been watching quite a few animes, reading quite a few mangas, and my Japanese has been slowly improving. And so, I can’t stop thinking about going to Japan-living there for a while. And whenever that is I’m really looking forward to it. Especially Japanese baths which are absolutely amazing.

Anyway, so like I said, summer’s almost over. I’m a little worried that I won’t have time to work on mangas, but still, I hold a lot of hopes for the coming semester. I think it might be the best one yet. Can’t wait to be with all my friends again and resume an exciting college life in Southern California.

Even if I STILL don’t have a car… haha oh well

Happy last days of summer,

Ashley Q

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this blog